Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"A stick. A stone. The end of the road..."

Those song lyrics have been stuck in my head since last night when we were listening to the song. Anyone who can NAME that song and who is the most famous for performing it WINS.:)

So last week we FINALLY got to go to Disneyland!!! It was a BLAST! Absolutely what we needed durring our hectic times lately.
~Right before we left we purchased a new minivan (Details to follow in a post soonish:))~

We met Grandpop Mike and Grandma Becky in CA and spent a wonderful day at Disneyland. Eating the yummiest ice creambars EVER, riding rides(Jane especially liked the Winnie-the-Pooh ride. Denny just loved looking at EVERYTHING.:)), meeting prncesses(JANE LOVED THAT PART THE MOST), dancing in a street parade(Jane actually got pulled INTO the parade by some of the cast members and loved dancing with them:), oh everything was just lovely.

Here are some pix from Disneyland(well, the ones I took on my camera, Grandma took loads more:)).


Waiting in line to see the princesses took a VERY long time, but who cares so long as we are having fun together!



Jane didn't know who Mulan was, all she knew was that there were OTHER princesses to see down the line.:) Poor Mulan.



All the princesses were so kind to Jane, and loved her, and hugged her, and made her feel really special.:)



Of course, Aurora was the favorite.:) Jane could not get enough of her and how AWESOME it was to meet her in person.:)



We have family pix of my baby sister, Elizabeth, at Disneyland trying to open the Rabbit's door from Alice in Wonderland. It was fun trying to recreate that with my Jane.:)



Grandpop and Grandma!



We love those Disneyland fireworks!




Thursday we went to the LA Zoo. It was also very awesome.:) I refuse to go to the one in Las Vegas...can we say absolute cruelty to animals!? I can't even talk about it. Anyways, the LA zoo was fun. It was a perfect way to end our too short vacation. Jane and Denny loved the animals and I loved hanging out with my sweet family in a lovely and peaceful setting.:) I got to hold hands with BJ a lot too, and that was marvelous.:) Here are some pix.



Jane loved the flamingos, Denny loved the bush.:) Oh my darling nature lovers!



My kids are pretty good at sharing, can you tell?:)



This is a mei tai in action(The carrier Jane is in). Ohmygator my husband sooooo rocks!



Denny is my HANDSOME MAN!!!!XOXOXOXO!



I took this picture WITHOUT a zoom, the giraffe was THAT close!



I'm gonna get you!



Everytime I look at this picture I am reminded of how INSANELY HOT this man I have married is. A serious INFERNO of HOTTNESS. Whoo!


So we had the loveliest time. Which is awesome because it is probably our only vacation this year besides MAYBE WA for Christmas.:)
NEXT YEAR though we have a million reunions to attend! Family camp in CA with BJ's folks, Clair's Ya-ya reunion with beloved college chums, Steininger reunion if it is in CO, Christmas in WA, and I think we are going to plan a BJ, Clair, Jane, Denny, and Alice trip to Sandiego next April. We are soooo excited! Hope you all have lovely plans to look forward to in YOUR families!
xoxoxo!
HamakerLove

No comments: