Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Everything is Food"-Popeye for BJ

Ok, I HAVE to post about my new favorite juice combination. We have a vita-mix blender that we are OBSESSED with(hello! You can make your own natural peanut butter, juices, smoothies, rice milk, fresh flour, baby food, gosh anything!). I happen to have a knack with making yummy treats with it(knock on wood, most of the time it is delish, but every now and then...). Anyways, yesterday I wanted to make some OJ, and I thought, oooh I will mix it in the blender instead of hand mixing it(it was frozen concentrate we had left in the freezer). Then I thought, oooh shall I mix something else with it? And I though about how orange orange juice is, and how orange carrots are, and aha! I decided to invent what I call, REALLY ORANGE ORANGE JUICE.:) I put in the oj concentrate and two huge carrots and water, and blended it all together. DELISH LIKE YOU WOULDN"T BELIEVE! Granted, if you are a pulp snob you might not like it, but man it was delish to me! BJ loved it, Jane loved it. It was awesome. And so healthy for you! Carrots are one of the super foods you know.:)
Anyways, I had to share because it was THAT GOOD. It tasted like a creamsickle. I am sure it would taste better if we had used fresh oranges from CA, but we had to use what we had.
I am going to go have some more. YUM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds so good! I used to drink that combo all the time. Plain carrot juice just isn't fun for me now!

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Sounds good. I have a juicer that is use all the time. We like apples and carrots. I is very good.

Kristina said...

Hi Clair! You asked about the ladybugs--I have a friend who makes them and sells them, along with a lot of other adorable hair bows. She's a stay-at-home mom trying to make a little extra money; her youngest child, who is two years old, has tons of health problems, so she's closed down for a little while due to his surgeries, but will be opening back up soon. So if you can stand to wait a month or two, :) I know she would appreciate the business (and if you wouldn't mind telling your friends about the site once she's going again, I'm sure she'd appreciate that too!). The address is: http://robinleach.mybisi.com/. And by the way, if you're interested, I'd love to have you on my recipe blog to contribute healthy recipes! Lemme know! :) (And sorry to leave you the longest comment in the world! :))