Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Step by Step...ooOOooh Baby!" NKOTB oh yeah

So my friend Maren is AMAZING. I met her when I was an EFY counselor back in 2003 I believe. We were roommates the first two weeks of camp. I was totally wowwed by her from the first. She is GORGEOUS, so beautiful. She is a returned missionary, and sings like a lark. I totally looked up to her, and still do.:) I started making my bed everyday because of her example(she never told me to, she just inspired me to start:). Anyways, she is now a lovely mother of two and on her blog a while back she wrote about this crazy challenge she was undertaking called 101 in 1001. What you do is write down 101 tasks to finish in 1001 days and do them!
I thought this was a FANTASTIC idea for me to do too since I LOVE goals and projects and challenges. So here is my blog post officially announcing my start with this challenge(even though I started it a few weeks ago.)

Here is the website and the rules to the challenge:
http://www.dayzeroproject.com/

I started my challenge on July 7 2009 and will finish on April 2 2012

Here is my list!

Health:
1.-Make a plan for me getting healthy, check/revise every week or so for a year
2.-balance my intestinal flora/fight Candida craziness
3.-get down to ideal weight (110-120) by the end of 2010
4.-get rid of excess mucus in my body so I can laugh hard for at least 30 minutes
5.-don't get pregnant for at least two years:)
6.-make and stick to family health check plan for a year
7.-get to bed before 10pm every night for a week
8.-track ovulation for 6 months

Nutrition:
9.-Consistently sprout for one month
10.-learn how to grow wheat grass mold free, and do so for one month consistently
11.-make bread regularly for three months
12.-drink half my body weight in ounces of water/herbal tea everyday for one month
13.-make lunch and dinner every week day for a month
14.-make nutrition/immunity plan for family, stick to it for 6 months
15.-build a food repertoire plan for up to two months/four seasons
16.-maintain an 80% whole foods diet by 2011

Exercise:
17.-run the 5k during lavender days with BJ
18.-exercise 5x's a week, for at least 30 minutes, for a year

Home Projects:
19.-paint small bathroom
20.-re-grout bathroom showers
21.help BJ organize the garage
22.learn the secrets of composting and start doing it!
23.Get house painted outside
24.-finish landscaping the outside

25.-get first aid kit organized for home
26.-get first aid kit organized for Mum's house
27.-get three month food storage in order
28.-get enough savings established to survive for three months

29.-organize scrapbooking stuff
30.organize computer stuff and add friends on bloglist
31.get house organized in a binder, make a system and follow for one year
32.establish a morning routine and do it for one month
33.-go to bed with clean kitchen/dining room/ living room for one month
34.-update pix in house once a year
35.-get family pix/videos organized
36.-start a recycling system
37.-organize books
38.-put together "Sunday" bag

39.-get Christmas card list organized
40.-get Christmas cards out by the end of November
41.-get Christmas boxes sent by Thanksgiving
42.-plan a spiritual and special Christmas at home with BJ and kids

43.-get Alice announcements out
44.-throw myself the awesomest nesting party!

Crafts:
45.-finish sewing Alice's blessing dress
46.-finish making Christmas stockings
47.-finish friendship quilt
48.-make my vaccination book
49.-make 100 herb quilt
50.-refashion one outfit from recycled clothes
51.-make an outfit from a pattern I designed
52.-for one year make/refashion/etc. one article of clothing/accessory every other week (26 pieces)
53.Learn to crochet
54.-empty out my projects/mending baskets (by finishing the projects;)
55.-make reverent books for kids
56.-repaint tea caddy
57.Learn to knit
58.Use up all the fabric I have now in my craft room(or atleast get it down to two or three boxes)
Kids and Family:
59.-get baby books updated to two years old
60.-thoroughly research home school for Jane
61.-nurse Baby Alice for one year
62.-potty train Jane
63.-potty train Denny
64.-potty train Alice
65.-write in kids journals every fast Sunday for a year
66.-get on an activity schedule for the kids and follow for a season
67.-write family as a family every Sunday for a year
68.-get Denny and Jane on a sleeping schedule
69.-copy the kids’ blessings and put in baby books

Personal Growth and Misc.:
70.-start teaching a birthing class at WRM
71.-graduate from SNH
72.-volunteer once a month for a year
73.-read my scriptures 5x's a week for a month
74.-read scriptures daily for 2 months
75.-for one week really pay attention to not being prideful and judgmental
76.-for one week really try to focus on positive thinking and positive communication
77.-go to the temple once a month for a year
78.-kneel to pray for personal prayers every night for the whole project
79.-fill out BFW keepsake journal
80.-20 minute meditation daily for 5 weeks
81.-work on one fear a day for 5 weeks
82.-take adult swimming lessons
83.-run 5 miles at least once
84.-sing "Glitter and Be Gay" at one of Reggie's recitals
85.-learn how to cut BJ and Denny's hair
86.-go to Mt. Charleston
87.-pay off credit cards
88.-pay off school debt
89.-pay back Ben and Bobby Jean
90.-throw someone a surprise party
91.-make sure BJ is "back to work" by 6 weeks post partum
92.-make sure BJ is back to fulltime work by September 2009
93.-go Christmas caroling to the neighbors

BJ and Me:
94.-plan a romantic trip for me and BJ in La Jolla and GO!
95.-take Argentine Tango lessons with BJ
96.-wake up early with BJ and do yoga at least once:)
97.-go out with BJ once a week for a year
98.-learn balboa with BJ
99.-dress up to the nines and go to the opera with-BJ
100.-go horseback riding with Bj
101.-Get some gorgeous pix of me taken for my Beloved

I've already finished #'s 43, 44, 45, 68, and 91!!!!
PS.Since I love goals and projects and am constantly revising my life plans, I feel it is ok to replace one of my listed goals with a new one.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I love reading your blog because you are so positive and you love to learn! If you'd like help with #58, you should look at makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. She loves using fabrics and shows you how to do lots of fun projects she's come up with.

Menner said...

Thanks for the nice things you said about me, babe! And I loved reading your list. It's always fun to see what other people are working on. It makes me realize that I'm not alone in my quest for improvement.

Physcokity said...

I was going to post something up here, but I wasn't sure if it was reader "kosher." If you get email notification of comments you will probably know to what I am referring. LOVE YOU!