Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Don't you know every time it rains....." (for BJ "...maccaroni". Thank you Louis Prima)



Simple Cough Syrup

2 onions chopped up
raw honey(not creamed)

Put the chopped up onions either in a crock pot, or in a glass dish(suitable for the oven) and cover with honey until the honey is about a 1/2 inch above the onions. Cook at a low temperature for several hours, strain, put in a jar and seal and date.

For children take 1/2 tsp as needed(I give this to my kids every hour, while they are awake, when they first get a cough or cold and it goes away within two days max). For adults 1 tsp 6-8 times a day(again at the beginning of a cold or cough I take this every hour while I am awake).

If you catch a cold in the beginning and work with your body to get those germs out you heal very quickly with rest and nourishing food. If you don't get on top of it right away it can take FOREVER. I know because sometimes I am a lazier person than I would like to admit.;D

Honey coats the throat and onions break up and draw out the germs and mucus. The best thing about this is it is relatively inexpensive to make, and it has absolutely no harmful or unknown chemicals in it. And it is very effective in helping a cough. Hurray!
Take care!

(holiday pix and update to come soon....I hope:)

3 comments:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

When you can this stuff, do you need to do it like canning anything else - y'know all the boiling business. Probably huh. Anyway, the stuff in your etsy shop is BEAUTIFUL! You're amazing. Someday I'll be as cool as you . . . hmm - I think I've been saying that to a few people lately. Must mean I've got cool people in my life. :)

Just what is a Clair? said...

I didn't crazy can mone, just lidded it and refridgerated it. And thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.