Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Tell it like it is...."

I have been told by certain authorities that I have been blessed with the gift of communication, and that I will bless the lives of many with this gift.

I BEG TO DIFFER. MUCH AS I TRY WITH ALL MY MIGHT. I BEG TO DIFFER.

It seems like I suck at communication more than anyone else in the whole world!(Well, maybe I am a little better than Ozzy Ozborne, but it is a close thing)(Hahahahahaha! Ozzy Ozborne! That makes me laugh so hard!). I have been attempting to mend some broken fences lately with a ton of people I have not had the best of relationships in the past, and it is hard! I am NOT a brave person. So after three seperate prayerful attempts this week, one has been a huge success! My Mother-in-law and I have not had a horrible relationship, but it had room for improvement, and I think we have a lot more open communication now after some emails we sent back and forth to eachother about how we feel about one another. I got to tell you, my mother-in-law is awesome. She has come through some serious trials in her life, and is a huge source of awe and inspiration to me. When BJ and I were first married I called her our concierge because she either knows information about almost anything, or how to get it.(Did that make sense?) She has been a huge inspiration of how I want to raise my kids. She was always teaching her children about art, music, culture, etc. I love hearing stories from BJ about how one week she went to the library and got a whole bunch of movies with classic comedians, so her kids would be exposed to lots of different funny.:) She is incredibly resourceful, more so than almost anyone else I know.(and this is coming from the gal who needed some bloomers, so she ripped apart an old pink polo to make some:). I always worried about marrying a fella whose Mum I couldn't get a long with, but I am not worried about that anymore.:) We niether of us are perfect, but we are both pretty awesome(Well, I am only a little awesome:).

Good at communication though? Maybe in the next life?

ps.I do believe a soul can change though, so when I get to finish my BA I am getting it in the writing emphasis so I can finally atleast have good grammar when I talk.;D


pps.This is a pic of me and BJ eating a footlong hot dog at Disneyland back in the day.:D Random? I'll let you be the judge of that.

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

Hi!
How are you doing?!!! It has been so long! It was really great to hear from you! I just saw your comment on Allie's blog the other day too!
It looks like you are busy all day like I am! Haha!!! Lots of young kiddos! In fact mine are doing their art lesson right now, so I should get going-it's starting to get messy!
I'll have to add your blog to my list to check up on when you post new stuff!
I would love to hear how you are doing!
Blessings,
Tarena

Our growing family said...

you are too sweet!
I was going to post the "behind the scenes" outtakes and info soon!
I have been trying to get us all in a place with nice outfits on for over a month, but something keeps coming up! So yesterday it just worked out! B&W is so forgiving...we are all so mismatched in our clothes, Abbi got a owie on her forehead this week, Auston had dried on food on his clothes(which I covered up with his jacket), Jackson had a soccer jersey on(hidden again by a jacket), Keaton was in pj pants, but I grabbed some jeans and made him change as we ran out the door, Tim hasn't shaved in a week, I'm sticking my foot out to herad the troup in, they were hyperactive like they were on cocain all day, I'm sure I could go on and on...too bad I already deleted so many of the outtakes, maybe I'll go find the REALLY bad ones that were deleted right away!
Oh, the joys of Christmas photos, but I do love looking back at them every year especially to see how the kids grow each year!
Hope you are able to take 100+ shots also and find a good one for your family!!!!
Blessings!

Our growing family said...

I will be praying for you...health issues are so so so hard when you are also a mommy!
You MUST take a family picture, your kids are so adorable and you will one day regret it...here are some lovely photographer tips:
-Dress in a solid black(dark) top...preferrably with sleeves that are longer
-Sit on a picnic bench or somthing and have all your kids on your lap and all of you squished together
-have someone stand on a chair to have a higher angle of you guys so that everyone has to look up (helps slender the face)...you might need a second helper to stand behind the person taking the pic as it is more difficult to get kiddos to look up and smile
-take the picture from a side angle also so that your husband is sitting next to you on the side closest to the camera, this will help block more of your body and let your face just shine through between the kids sitting on your lap.
-crop the picture so that mostly just faces, sholders and torsos show.
-highlight your great facial features...like your hair and makeup.
Sometimes pictures can make us feel aweful or they can help us to see the beauty that God has created us to be!
I hope these help and you are able to take a picture that you enjoy too! =)
ps...I'm not going to post the last comment you made as it is more personal and I don't know who all reads my blog, so I'm sure you don't want anyone reading it! =)
It is REALLY hard having so many kids so close together...not many people know what that is like...hang in there-I'm sure you are doing a much better job than you can ever imagine and your smile and personality is truely what shows beauty!
Soon, I'll be posting about a book I am reading that is really encouraging to mommies, so you'll have to keep an eye out!
Hope you have a great evening!
Love and blessings,
tarena