Sunday, December 20, 2009

"a spoon full of sugar"

So last night I had a CRAZY attack of strep throat. I have been working in Santa's workshop overtime times a million, and my body was done. So last night around 7ish my throat started to hurt. Two hours later I couldn't talk at all, and it hurt millions and millions to swallow. Strep throat you know? So I was super bummed since the next day(today) was Christmas Sunday and my own lovely Jane's 3rd birthday, and i had made all these plans to celebrate! I didn't want to be sick! So I made a herbal concoction of 1.5 TBS of raw, unprocessed honey, 1/8 tsp of cayenne and 4 ground up cloves of garlic, and mixed it all together and took about a tsp of it every hour for a few hours(until I went to bed). I didn't wash it down because you want the honey to coat your throat. It was a bit crazy feeling, but not unbearable. I also drank three mugfulls of 1.5 TBS of raw honey, and 1/2 a lemon in boiling hot water(I let it cool a tiny bit so I could drink it:). A crazy thing started happening when I was drinking the lemon and honey drink. (this is a bit gross but awesome!) Great big globs of mucus started gently coming out of my throat. My throat hurt durring the night, but when I woke up this morning my throat felt millions better, and by the afternoon the hurt was ALL GONE! I did not have some wimpy strep throat last night, it HURT MILLIONS. Do you know how amazing it is that the herbal things I did last night made it go away so fast?!!

Garlic-natural antibiotic. Manmade antibiotics kill bad and good bacteria in your body. This is especially not good for you if you struggle with yeast problems. And it kills your body's natural immune system. Garlic just kills the bad stuff.

Honey- Also a natural antibactirial. If you don't have any neosporin, you can put honey on a wound. I have done this before and it helps the wound heal really fast!

Cayenne- THis stuff is really amazing. It stops a bleeding wound really fast(I have tried it on small wounds, and it hasn't burned). It stops a nosebleed, when you put some in a glass of water and drink it down, before you can count to ten. It increases circulation. For the strep throat it increases circulation to the throat to help heal faster.

lemon-lemon is one of my favorite things to use in herbal remedies. It cleanses, it helps with digestion, it breaks down mucous. It is great.


I am telling you guys, if you want to get rid of strep throat fast, these are some great things to do that are cheap, and won't hurt you. Sleeping is also really important, especially if you got sick because you weren't taking the best care of yourself in the first place.

XOXO!
Clair:)

Honey,garlic,cayenne mixture

1.5 TBS raw honey
1/8 tsp cayenne powder
4-5 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)

Take as often as needed. 1 tsp at a time is best.:) But taking more won't hurt you.


Lemon, honey drink

1/2 lemon
1.5 TBS raw honey

Stir into a mug of boiling water. This can be a little potent, but when you are sick it tastes really good.

5 comments:

Our growing family said...

NICE!!!!
I also love these things! I will sometimes add some chopped up ginger to my herbs for all the benifits of it also!!
I like to use the brand Really Raw Honey...heard of it? I love it-it even has the pollen in it!
So glad you are feeling better and happy 3rd to your little lady!

Our growing family said...

(benefits! hehe!)

Meridy said...

I totally love the lemon-honey drink! I use it all the time when I'm sick

Anonymous said...

I believe everything here and am grateful you're a phone call away when I need your knowledge

Menner said...

Thank you for posting this, Clair!

The day after I read this post I got nasty sore throat too. I tried your remedy and poof! Two days later I was COMPLETELY symptom free. Thanks for your help!

Someday I'll get my family herbalist certification. . . .