Friday, January 16, 2009

"I'm comin' out of the shower, I am a singer"

For those of you who have noticed that all of our post titles are song titles or lyrics, it is good to note that the above song title is a song I have commisioned BJ to write about people "coming out of the shower" because they are singers. I think that is HILARIOUSLY HILARIOUS. It makes me laugh every time. It would be a real belty broadway piece, or maybe a conglomerate of a bunch of different types of music sung in the shower.:)

Anyways, tomorrow at 2 I have a singing recital. I AM NERVOUS! I always get nervous before I perform on stage. It is really awful. I rehearse TERRIBLY as a general rule and then perform quite good I must say. I blame it on the fact that in high school when I was Sandy in GREASE and Kim in BYE BYE BIRDIE, we never had real rehersals. The first all-cast rehersal we had for BYE BYE BIRDIE was opening night...I kid you not. Anyways, I get THROW UP NERVOUS, but as soon as I get started on stage, weather permitting, I ussually do well. Anyways, I am nervous about tomorrow especially since I have been battling a cold and one song in particular is high enough in my register that the area where I am congested prevents me from singing the song very well. Maybe there will be a miracle and I will be magicly turned into a daisy for the day. Daisies are such nice flowers and don't have to sing infront of people. I must admit that after I perform I ussually get this huge high and want to do it again right then. I am so shameful. I think I am afraid that I actually might have some little talent. I am such a shy ham, it is ridiculous. Anyways, anyone thinking about me tomorrow, please blow a kiss in my general direction and hope I break a leg (or turn into a daisy).

5 comments:

Ravid said...

I love the song already and I haven't even heard it. Good luck with your performance . . . maybe it's already over. At any rate, you'll do great! I've had the privilege of hearing you sing, so I know the audience will get a special treat.

Jenny said...

You were fantastic and quite the actress, too! I'm proud of you--from one singer to another! :)

way to go!

Meridy said...

BJ said that you were GORGEOUS! And that you sang well too. ;)

Kacy said...

I love you guys and I am happy that you wrote to me.
Love,
~Kacy

Jackie said...

Good luck tomorrow...from what I remember, you have nothing to be nervous about!!!! I am the same exact way though! But you will be fine! Glad to hear you are still singing.